Sunday, August 3, 2008

Studio DC/DC Games: Reviews

Quickie post... too lazy to upload pics or anything fancy-like, just wanted to share my opinions on some things.

Today I watched Studio DC and just as I suspected, my first impression was spot on. I HATED IT. So okay, yeaa, it's different, unique, original-ish I guess. It was sooo ODD though. I was so incredibly confused and a bit uncomfortable all throughout. It was SO random and disorganized. It went from one random scene to the next. Had no idea what in the world was going on at any point in time. The Sprouse twins were the hosts (by the way, although they DID grow a few more inches, they still look like they're 12). The musical guests consisted of the infamous father-daughter duo, those 3 brothers everyone is gaga over, and Tizz. The script is just bleh, and the Muppets were kinda annoying after all. I won't go into too much detail for those who want to see and judge for yourselves. This is definitely not my kind of show, but I do have to admit it's a good, clean, fun show for the kiddies.

Also, saw the 2nd episode of the DC Games the other day. Um, the cheer-off competition they had was so LAME and immature. We're definitely seeing more catiness amongst everyone, especially with the JoBros, but who knows how much of that is staged and whatnot. Holy CRAP at making some of them blindfolded. And okay, at first I thought they'd all be literally tied by the wrists but they were just holding on to the ropes, which I guess is more difficult. Well, flash forward and the Yellow Team won, 2nd-Green, 3rd-Red, 4th-Blue. The Green Team is leading overall, followed by the Yellow and Blue Teams tied, and lastly the Red Team. By the way, I read on Wiki that Brenda Song has been the only DC star to be Team Captain every single year since the Games started back in '06, and this is the 2nd time she's been the captain for the Red Team (the other being the Blue Team in '06). Hmm, interesting. At least no one can say DC is racist or anything, lol.

Oh, how I hate to admit this, but I need to get it out. So the JoBros performed "Burnin' Up" at the end, and for all of yall reading this blog, yall know I'm not a fan at all. But there was this one move that Nick did very early on with the microphone (he like flipped it with one hand) that I honestly thought, for just one second, was, well.... kind of HOT. OMG, I can't believe those thoughts even crossed my mind. Same when Joe went on his tippy toes for a couple seconds during the one lyric. Gah, what is WRONG with me?!
I am disgusted with myself now. Nick is practically a decade younger than me, plus he's the same age as my little brother. Well all three of them are a lot younger than me. Sheesh. But yea, as pervy as it is, I have to give Nick some credit. Out of the three guys, that boy's swag is definitely on-point. Next up on the swag scale is Joe. Sorry, but Kevin just does NOTHING AT ALL for me. It'd be SO much better if they didn't all wear such freakin' tight skinny white pants all the time (*coughJOEcough*) or fold up the ends of their said skinny tight pants in a really fruity sort of way (*coughNICKcough*).

One last thing before I sign out. Referring back to the previous post about Selena and her thing for older men, I give yall a third example: Homegirl has a major crush on Shia LaBeouf (Source: IMDb). Sweetie, stick to guys your own age! And don't fall for the bad boys! ...Ha, I should be taking my own advice, LOL.

2 comments:

R2C said...

What the hell IS Studio DC? I saw a five minute clip the other day, of Tizz singing Bop to the Top with Kermit or something (was it even Kermit? I don't remember) and Miss Piggy runs in...

I was just like... um. WTF. What. Is. This?

If THAT freaked me out, I don't even WANT to know what Miley and Billy Ray had to do with it.

Awww I love Brenda. She's practically been on Disney her whole life. I always wonder whether it's because she can't get other jobs or because she truly likes working with Disney only. Lol.

LOL I need to see what Nick did with his mike, judging from your description! Dayums! I totally get what you mean about the swag, I agree completely. And as for Kevin, I actually heard a rumor a while back... not sure if it's true... but... eh... ok, I'll stop this subject now. But anyway, I hate to admit this, but I've found myself listening to "Sorry" and "Pushing Me Away" a lot on my iPod lately. The middle section of "Sorry" is pure gold, let me tell you. I think Nick is singing and he is ANGRY and I LOVE the angst LOL.

I read about the Selena liking Shia thing. And agree completely. Stick with your own age men. I don't mind her and Nick actually, lol. They look like a cute couple... and a huge improvement over Slimey.

Serina said...

Oh ugh, I can't even tell you what Studio DC is and I even watched the whole episode. Yea it's with Kermit dressed as Ryan Evans, Tizz flirting with the, er, muppet, and Piggy runs in all jealous, etc. That was kind of disturbing, actually. I was sooo beyond confused because the whole show centered around all the stars doing rehearsals and then like 3min before the episode ends the Sprouse twins come out saying they're finally ready to start the show and I was like, whaaa??? And then it just fast forwards to everyone in the audience clapping and these two muppet critics talk about how good the show was, etc. Omg, I don't even know, seriously. That was one trippy, screwed up show, I tell ya.

Lol about Brenda. Yea who knows. I never thought about it but yea, she really hasn't done anything else outside of Disney has she? Well, besides a few guest appearances on tv shows, but those don't really count. She totally should, though. But yea, I guess if she's happy that's okay too. Oh, and WHYYY are they coming out with Wendy Wu 2?! WTF?! Ughh, all I gots to say is her and Shen better get some cute kiss scenes hahah.

HAHA, you could probably find it on youtube. Ohh and Kevin.. yeaa, if it's true I won't be surprised. LMAO at liking their songs. I actually heard some people say their first cd was a lot better than this new one and the only good ones are the singles out so far. But shrugs. You should def write that review! :)