Saturday, March 29, 2008

Kitson, Kitson, Kitson!

Ashley Tisdale REALLY likes Kitson.

No, REALLY. Lately, East High's favorite priss has been either carrying those gigantic blue Kitson bags everywhere or wearing apparel from the store (which, for those of you who don't know, is located on Robertson Blvd in Beverly Hills.)

Personally, I'm kind of glad. Kitson has kind of been associated with the likes of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears for the most part, which is pretty negative in my opinion. This is, of course, especially considering that I love shopping at Kitson myself, and I don't want to be associated with liking a store that trashy celebs shop at. Errr... yeah. For those of you who personally know me, you're probably ALL too familiar with my brown Kitson sweater, or maybe even my various Kitson shoes or flip flops... or possibly that pink Rainbow Brite t-shirt that says "Kitson is for Cuties"? And last but not least, my camera purse which is a joint effort with Kitson and Harajuku Lovers? Yeah... I'm a little obsessed. Just a little.

Part of my love has to do with, well, their apparel. Let's just say it's "streetwear at its finest." But at the same time, another part of my love for Kitson has to do with my love for celebrity hunting. I won't deny that the two times I've gone there (of course, I don't actually live in LA, so I can't exactly go there all the time; rather, I mostly shop online if anything), I've been hoping to run into a celebrity. Robertson Boulevard (which also is the home of The Ivy) has been known to go absolutely HAYWIRE whenever there's a celebrity around, and I've always wanted to experience the crazy paparazzi madness, just because it's just SO ridiculous to me. But alas, no. Every time I've gone to Kitson, the street has been dead - seriously, extremely quiet.

Indeed, it's never been anything like the following video with Ash Tizz herself... maybe that's a good thing? When celebrities come, they probably shut out the store anyway so other people won't come in. What's the fun in that?

This video kind of reminds me of that time the Super Bowl was in Houston (back in 2004, the infamous Janet Jackson year), and all the celebrities came to Houston and were shopping at the Galleria. The news was going insane... "Madonna spotted at Starbucks in Uptown Park! Clay Aiken spotted in the Galleria!" HAHA. I will never forget. I went with a couple of friends of mine to the Galleria to celebrity-hunt, and while we were unsuccessful for the most part, there were a few stores where there were CROWDS of people fighting to get a look in the inside of the stores because there was supposedly a celebrity there. I think for one instance, Eminem was in Louis Vuitton or something. The crowd of people was INSANE.

I guess that's Los Angeles all day, every day.



But yeah, overall I'm glad that people like Ashley, and even Emma Watson, have started heading over to Kitson to shop. I was really getting sick of all the publicity regarding Paris, Britney, and Lindsay Lohan, because it frankly made it seem like I liked Kitson because I wanted to be like, well... one of them. Which is totally NOT the case at all. I like Kitson because the sweater and the shoes that I wear are genuinely comfortable and I genuinely love wearing them. And if along the way, classier celebrities become associated with the store, that's even better for me! 

Aww look, what a Kitson-ified R2C... (sweater and shoes)
...and please don't ask why I'm sitting on Spade Cooley's star. I really couldn't tell you...


More photos of Ashley Tisdale at Kitson are here.

2 comments:

Serina said...

oh dear gawwd. i srsly don't know how celebs live every single day like that. i would SCREAM. i absolutely HATE having so many people like that hovering over me. i'm not like claustrophobic, but that's just one of the many things that easily annoy me. which is why i don't do concerts, or big parties/gatherings, etc. just, NO. you must have either the biggest amount of patience in the world, or you've just gotten used to it.

btw, that pic of you is really cute lol.

R2C said...

Tell me about it! I hate how people always think that just because a celebrity is grumpy in these types of videos, that they're mean people. I'd be terribly frustrated too if crowds of paparazzi followed my every move and watched me shop.

Seriously, I will never forget the Galleria incident. This entire section was blocked off by a horde of people trying to get a glimpse of who was shopping at Louis Vuitton. To this day I think it was Eminem but I can't be sure. It was so bad... we were trying to cross over to the other side to get to the Cheesecake Factory and we couldn't get through. I can only imagine how the person in the store - whoever it was - felt!

LOL thanks! I crack up every time I see that picture. I remember I was having a HUGE giggle fit and couldn't stop laughing, and I collapse on the floor next to that person's star and my friend took a picture of me. You can't tell I was laughing hysterically - it looks like I am posing - but I wasn't posing! lol