Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Lucky Florida Kid Wins Disney Trip Around the World!

Sigh... I NEVER win any prizes, ever. Actually, I did win a raffle yesterday at an event - which was surprising and awesome, considering that odds are always against me in those types of situations.

Well, one Florida kid received a HUGE prize from Disney last year, and all I can say about it is wow... talk about a SAH-WEET deal!

Joshua Peterson, an 18-year-old from Florida, won Disney's "Grand Marshal World Tour," a trip to visit every single Disney theme park in the world! Oh. My. Gosh.

Supposedly, Joshua was at Epcot last year when he left one of the rides. Suddenly, some Disney workers came up to him and told him that he won the world tour prize as part of the Year of a Million Dreams! Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Seriously.

So starting this Wednesday (April 2), Joshua and his family will be off to Disney World again, visiting all four theme parks. Then they'll be off to Anaheim, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris! Definitely not a bad deal, considering not only is he visiting the theme parks but also visiting some of THE coolest cities in the world!

Can he hook me up?! It's not too late yet!

(I'm only kidding -- well, to an extent! I'm totally jealous!)

Anyway, hope Joshua and his family have fun on the trip! Disney's Year of a Million Dreams continues to amaze me with all its perks and prizes...

6 comments:

Serina said...

holy CRAP that is AWESEOMEEE!!!! he is one lucky guy. oh mannn.

we should go hunt him down on facebook or something and convince him to take us with him!! hahah kidding. ...sorta. LOL.

R2C said...

HAHAHA! Best comment ever!

I can't believe I didn't think of the facebook stalking! =P

I kind of feel bad that the winner wasn't a little 8 year old girl or something... but rather an 18-year-old guy. I wonder how they decided on him to be the random winner... lol... "I'm going to close my eyes and point, and whoever I point to is the winner" ...???

Serina said...

hahahahah yeaa i feel ya, i think it would've been more appropriate if it was given to a little girl. but who the heck knows.... what were the eligibility requirements and stuff for it? did they have to write an essay or something?

lol btw, i tried looking him up on facebook and not much luck. but then again, i didn't have the patience to look through all 165+ josh peterson's. LMAO.

R2C said...

LMAO I DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

I found one in Fort Lauderdale, but I don't think it's the same person. Maybe? I dunno.

HAHAHAHA. Okay I'll stop talking about facebook stalking, right about NOW. =P

R2C said...

Oh and from what I deduced from reading about it, it was completely random. Which is why I'm wondering if they just closed their eyes and pointed, lol.

steph2588 said...

I know I filled out contest forms on the disney website for something related to the year of a million dreams....I never win anything either....I think I filled out the form to win a night in Cinderella's castle maybe? Anyway, I don't like how they selected this winner. I want to hunt him down on facebook as well! well maybe lol.